My Consumer News

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Recycling Bowling Balls


I was recently working on marketing for a bowling ball site, Cheapbowlingballs.com, which sells bowling gear to include bowling bags, bowling shoes, bowling shirts, and of course bowling balls, when I came across this bowling ball wall picture on and a more on Flickr. Kind of a cool idea for a wall. I was very surprised to see as many bowling ball pictures on Flickr as I did. Many people have done some interesting things to recycle them to include using them in their gardens, using them in crafts, and my favorite making a bowling balls tree. I don't advocate it, but the guy who found a bowling ball in the dumpster and then with his friends help, took turns hitting it with a sledge hammer, appears to have had a lot fun.
So why am I writing this post about bowling balls, what does it have to do with Consumerism. If anything, it is a message to consumers that no matter what it is, practice the tree R's- reduce, reuse, and recycle...even if it is a bowling ball.

2 Comments:

  • Bowling ball walls seem like a good way to make use of old bowling balls, and as a bowling enthusiast, I would not mind having one in or around my yard. I wonder how dificult they are too make.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

  • If I were making one, I would start with a base of rocks, and build up the level of the base, then cover with cement and set the bowling balls into the cement. Also, I would probably leave some holes other than the finger holes inorder to put some plants in, this one does look like it needs a little something.

    By Blogger donk.usa, at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home